RANTAKARI COTTAGE, ACCOMMODATION to 5-8 PEOPLE
Rantakari cottage is best for 5-7 people and the basic rental price includes accommodation for up to 7 people. However, Rantakari cottage has spare mattresses on the loft, and if needed, accommodation is possible with bigger groups too. When the number of guests exceeds 7 people, an additional 25 euros will be charged per extra person per day. Please note that the cottage is located next to our main building and it is therefore not suitable for loud parties. No pets for this cottage please.
The Rantakari yard is small and parking spaces are limited. In front of the Rantakari cottage there is one parking space for Rantakari tenants. The car park at the corner of the plot is primarily reserved for the tenants of the main building. If necessary, cars can also be parked temporarily by the Seuratie-road.
|Accommodation and living spaces||Kitchen facilities|
PASSENGER REGISTRATION FORMS
- All tenants must fill in a passenger registration form.
- You can find instructions and passenger registration forms forms from the cottage living room. When you leave, please leave passenger registration forms on the dining table.
WiFi and ELECTRICITY
- There is a wireless internet at the cottage (3G/4G)
- Sometimes there are electricity outages at Rantakari cottage due to a storm. If a power failure occurs, the WiFi device might loose connection to the network. In this case turn off the devices for about 5 minutes, and then turn it on again to establish a connection. The password is not needed. The WiFi device can be found in the kitchen overhead cabinet.
- You can monitor the electricity distribution situation on KSOY Häiriönetti/Faultnet, which operates in real time. In the Online service, you also see in detail the fault information affecting your own electricity metering point. You can report power cuts to KSOY energy at +3585 7780 222
HEATING CONTROL and AIR CONDITIONING
- In order to save energy while the cottage has no quests, we drop the room temperatures to 10 degrees. There is a heating control switch in the entrance hall wall. This switch adjusts the room temperature, so please switch on to “at home” position (kotona) upon arrival in order to heat the cottage. Please switch to “not home” (poissa) position when you leave.
- At the cottage we also have a air source heat pump in the living-room. When arriving to the villa during a cool season please turn on the device and adjust the room temperature to +21 degrees. The air source heat pump heats when a sun-symbol is selected from the remote control MODE functions. When leaving the cottage (in wintertime) please adjust the air conditioned back to +16 degrees.
- You can use the air-conditioner in the summertime to cool down the room temperature if needed. But please never cool the room temperature with the air conditioning device when you have fire in the fireplace.
WASHING MACHINES, WATER AND WASTEWATER
- The kitchen has a dishwasher and in the dressing room we have a washing machine. Before using the machines please check that the washing machine taps are open, so that the machine gets water in. The dishwasher water supply is opened below the kitchen sink, in the trash-bin cabinet. Please close the tap after use.
- The toilet waters are ripped and pumped to a communal waste water system with a special electrical pump.
Please note that it is not allowed to throw anything else to the toilet bin than human waste. Plastic and for
example sanitary napkins will break the waste pump system.
- In emergencies, water supply can be closed down from the sauna. There is a switch below the sauna bench, on the left hand side of the water heater next to the water meter. Use this switch to switch off the water from the whole building.
FIREPLACE, SAUNA and SMOKING
- Smoking inside the cottage is strictly prohibited. Please place fag-ends in ashtrays and finally into the trash-bin.
- There are smoke detectors in the cottage.
- The cottage has one fire extinguisher. There is also a fire extinguishing blanket in the kitchen cupboard. Please check the location of fire-fighting equipment immediately upon arrival at the cottage.
- The living room fireplace damper is above the firaplace. In sauna there is a separate damper for the sauna stove. Please pull the dampers gently open before setting fire to the fireplaces.
- In order to improve the burning process and to allow enough air in, please remember to empty the ashes from the stove and from the fireplace.
- Do not close the fireplace flue damper too soon after using the fireplaces in order to avoid carbon monoxide hazard. When the embers begin to wane and blue flames can no longer be seen, you can close the damper a little. Only after the embers have completely burned out, the damper can be closed completely.
- After using the fireplaces in sauna and in the living room please empty the ashes into the aluminium bucket which is outside by the sauna door. Please also carry firewood to sauna and to the front of the fireplace after use.
- There is a gas grill at the cottage terrace
- In the shed there is a spare gas bottle. Please inform us if you take a spare gas bottle in use, so we know to bring a new bottle for the next guests.
- For Rantakari cottage there is a common waste container with the main building tenants. Please pack your waste tightly, the waste container will be emptied once a week. Also please close the container lid carefully to avoid animals from getting into the container.
- If possible, recycle your paper, glass, metal and cardboard packages to save the nature. The closest recycling station for paper, cardboard, glass and metal packages is found at the Jumalniemi Citymarket parking lot at address Jumalniementie 8. It is only about 9 kilometers drive there from Rantakari cottage.
AUDIO and VIDEO
- At Rantakari cottages we have a stereo TV with HDMI and Scart connection.
- At the cottage we also have a DVD player.
DETERGENTS, PAPERS and ACCESSORIES
- Dishwasher detergent and hand dish-washing detergent can be found in the kitchen
- Liquid soap for washing hands can be found in the toilet
- Laundry detergent, shower soap and shampoo might be available. Other customers often leave detergents, but unfortunately we can not guarantee the availability.
- In the kitchen closet we have spare light bulbs, clothes pegs and a mousetrap.
- Toilet paper and kitchen towels can be found in the kitchen top closet shelf. If you come with a larger group for a longer period of time, please take some extra papers with you in case there is not enough paper in the cottage.
ELECTRICAL MOUSE REPELLENT
- At Rantakari cottage we have ultrasound mouse repellent devices attached in the power sockets from autumn to spring . Man does not hear them, but dogs or cats may be disturbed by them. If you remove the device from use during your stay, please connect devices before you leave.
- In the kitchen closet we also have some mouse traps available
A BABY COT
- It is possible to rent a baby cot to the cottage. Please ask for the cot upon booking so that we can deliver it to the cottage. For the delivery of the baby cot there will be an extra charge of € 30.
TO BE DONE BEFORE CHECK OUT
- Follow the cleaning instructions and clean the cottage. If you ordered one of our cleaning services from us (basic cleaning or full cleaning), make sure that you have organized the cottage according to the instructions. More info about cleaning at the attached cleaning services link.
- Take the garbage to the garbage bin.
- Wash the gas grill and clean the barbecue areas. Empty the ashes from campfire sites to the ash bucket
- Tidy the yard
- Check the boat mooring (summertime).
- Turn off the lights, close the windows, lock the doors and leave the keys in their original locations.
- Turn the temperature switch in the living-room to “not home” position (poissa)
We want to keep the cottage clean and in impeccable condition. If you notice any defects or you have suggestions for improvement, please contact us. You can call or email us at email@example.com
+358415345100 Pentti Kotiaho+358400534269 Minna Kotiaho+358400868889 Raili Savolainen