STRUKA VILLA, ACCOMMODATION to 12-16 PEOPLE
Struka villa is best for 10-12 people and the basic rental price includes accommodation for up to 12 people. However, Struka villa in total 16 beds and in addition to this we also have some spare mattresses on the loft. If needed, accommodation is possible with bigger groups too. When the number of guests exceeds 12 people, an additional 25 euros will be charged per extra person per day.
|Accommodation and living spaces||Kitchen facilities|
PASSENGER REGISTRATION FORMS
- All tenants must fill in a passenger registration form.
- You can find instructions and passenger registration forms forms from the cottage living room, from a plastic folder. When you leave, please leave passenger registration forms on the dining table.
WiFi and ELECTRICITY
- There is a wireless internet at the cottage (3G/4G)
- Sometimes there are electricity outages at Struka villa due to a storm. If a power failure occurs, the WiFi device might loose connection to the network. In this case turn off the devices for about 5 minutes, and then turn it on again to establish a connection. The password is not needed. The WiFi device can be found in the kitchen overhead cabinet.
- You can monitor the electricity distribution situation on KSOY Häiriönetti/Faultnet, which operates in real time. In the Online service, you also see in detail the fault information affecting your own electricity metering point. You can report power cuts to KSOY energy at +3585 7780 222
HEATING CONTROL and AIR CONDITIONING
- In order to save energy while the villa has no quests, we drop the room temperatures to 10 degrees. There is a heating control switch in the entrance hall above the light switch. This switch adjusts the room temperature and also the boiler heating, so please switch on to “at home” position (kotona) upon arrival in order to heat the cottage. Please switch to “not home” (poissa) position when you leave.
- At the cottage we also have a air source heat pump in the living-room. When arriving to the villa during a cool season please turn on the device and adjust the room temperature to +21 degrees. The air source heat pump heats when a sun-symbol is selected from the remote control MODE functions. When leaving the cottage (in wintertime) please adjust the air conditioned back to +16 degrees.
- You can use the air-conditioner in the summertime to cool down the room temperature if needed. But please never cool the room temperature with the air conditioning device when you have fire in the fireplace.
- In the toilet that is located by the entrance hall by the bedroom there is an exhaust fan with a motion detector. The fan will turn on automatically when someone enters the toilet and the fan will be turned off automatically after some time.
WASHING MACHINES, WATER AND WASTEWATER
- The kitchen has a dishwasher. Before using the machine please open the washing machine tap, so that the machine gets water in. The dishwasher water supply is opened at the bottom of the kitchen tap. Please close the tap after use.
- The toilet in the dressing room has a special toilet seat with a ripping pump. All toilet waters are ripped and pumped to a communal waste water system with an electrical pump. Please note that it is not allowed to throw anything else to the toilet bin than human waste. Plastic and for example sanitary napkins will break the waste pump system.
- In emergencies, water supply can be closed down from the boiler located in the shower room. There is a switch in the bottom of the boiler next to the water meter. Use this switch to switch off the water. The cover shield of the boiler can be taken off by just pulling the front panel of the boiler.
- There is a washing machine in the shower room. Before using the machine, please open the washing-machine tap that is located above the machine. Please close the tap after use.
FIREPLACE, SAUNA and SMOKING
- Smoking inside the cottage is strictly prohibited. Please place fag-ends in ashtrays and finally into the trash-bin.
- There are at least two smoke detectors in the cottage. If the smoke detector battery runs out, the detector will keep beep-sound at short intervals. In this case please replace the battery. Spare batteries can be found in vestibule cupboard. If you can not find a new battery, please leave the smoke detector on the table.
- The cottage has at least one fire extinguisher. There is also a fire extinguishing blanket in the kitchen. Please check the location of fire-fighting equipment immediately upon arrival at the cottage
- The living room fireplace damper is next to the fireplace, close to the floor. In sauna the damper is above the stove. Please pull the dampers open before setting the fire to the fireplace. In order to improve the burning process and to allow enough air in, please remember to empty the ashes from the stove and from the fireplace.
- Do not close the fireplace flue damper too soon after using the fireplaces in order to avoid carbon monoxide hazard. When the embers begin to wane and blue flames can no longer be seen, you can close the damper a little. Only after the embers have completely burned out, the damper can be closed completely.
- After using the fireplaces in sauna and in the living room please empty the ashes into the black aluminium bucket which is by warehouse door. If this bucket is full, please empty it into the forest behind the garage. Please also carry firewood to sauna and to the front of the fireplace after use.
GAS GRILL and BARBECUE
- Tere is a gas grill at the cottage terrace
- On the yard there is a gazebo with a gas grill. Always use the gas grill steel plate in order to prevent the grease from draining into the grill.
- In the barbecue hut there is an infrared heater. If you use that, remember to unplug it after use.
- In the warehouse there is a spare gas bottle. Please inform us if you take a spare gas bottle in use, so we know to bring a new bottle for the next guests.
- For Kivikoski cottage and for Struka villa there is a common waste container. The waste container is located by the Strukantie, only 15 meters from the house to the left. Please pack your waste tightly, the waste container will be emptied once a week. Also please close the container lid carefully to avoid animals from getting into the container.
- If possible, recycle your paper, glass, metal and cardboard packages to save the nature. The closest recycling station for paper, cardboard, glass and metal packages is found at the Pyhtää ABC parking lot behind the ABC building. There is another recycling station in the Prisma parking lot in Kotka. The address is Hakamäentie 1. The recycling station is only 19 kilometers from the cottage, only about 15 minutes by the car.
AUDIO JA VIDEO
- At Struka villa we have a stereo TV with HDMI and Scart connection.
- At the villa we also have a dvd palyer and a radio.
DETERGENTS, PAPERS and ASSESSORIES
- Dishwasher detergent and hand dishwashing detergent can be found in the kitchen and in the vestibule cupboard.
- Liquid soap for washing hands can be found in the toilet
- Laundry detergent, shower soap and shampoo might be available. Other customers often leave detergents, but unfortunately we can not guarantee the availability.
- In the vestibule closet we have spare light bulbs, clothes pegs and a mousetrap.
- Toilet paper and kitchen towels can be found in the toilet and in the kitchen and sometimes also on the loft shelf. If you come with a larger group for a longer period of time, please take some extra papers with you in case there is not enough paper in the cottage.
ELECTRICAL MOUSE REPELLENT
- At Struka villa we have ultrasound mouse repellent devices attached in the power sockets from autumn to spring . Man does not hear them, but dogs or cats may be disturbed by them. If you remove the device from use during your stay, please connect devices before you leave.
- In the vestibule closet or in the warehouse we also have some mouse traps available
A BABY COT
- It is possible to rent a baby cot to the cottage. Please ask for the cot upon booking so that we can deliver it to the cottage. For the delivery of the baby cot there will be an extra charge of € 30.
GAMES AND OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
- Croquet game
TO BE DONE BEFORE CHECK OUT
- Take the garbage the the garbage bin by the Strukantie.
- Wash the gas grill and clean the barbecue areas. Empty the ashes from campfire sites to the ash bucket
- Tidy the yard
- Check the boat mooring (summertime).
- Turn off the lights, close the windows, lock the doors and leave the keys in their original locations.
- Turn the temperature switch in the entrance hall to “not home” position (poissa)
We want to keep the cottage clean and in impeccable condition. If you notice any defects or you have suggestions for improvement, please contact us. You can call or email us at email@example.com
If you wish you can also share your experiences at Tripadvisor Struka villa.
+358415345100 Pentti Kotiaho+358400534269 Minna Kotiaho+358400868889 Raili Savolainen