INSTRUCTIONS TO KIVIKOSKI GUESTS
KIVIKOSKI COTTAGE, ACCOMMODATION to 5-7 PEOPLE
Kivikoski cottage is best for 5-7 people and the basic rental price includes accommodation for up to 7 people. However, Kivikoski has spare mattresses on the loft above the sauna, and if needed, accommodation is possible with bigger groups too. When the number of guests exceeds 7 people, an additional 25 euros will be charged per extra person per day.
Above the main building bedroom there is a sleeping loft that is accessible with a ladder. The ladder is attached to the wall with a sliding mechanism and the ladder can be pushed towards the wall to save space when not in use. When you want to use the ladder, lift the of ladder a little upwards and gently pull the bottom of the ladder off the wall towards you in order to get a ladder in about 30 degree angle from the wall for safer climbing.
Accommodation and living spaces
- A warm cottage for all-year use 55 m2 + 15 m2
- 2 x bedrooms
- 2 x sleeping lofts (accessible with a ladder)
- A living-room with a fireplace
- Pillows and duvets in beds
- Bed linen and towels 15 €/person
- 2 x sauna
- 2 x toilet
- A hot outdoor Tub for rent
- Cutlery and dishes x 10
- Wine glasses
- Owen and microwave oven
- A full size fridge-freezer
- Coffee maker and a kettle
PASSENGER REGISTRATION FORMS
All tenants must fill in a passenger registration form. You can find instructions and passenger registration forms from the cottage living room, from a cardboard box. When you leave, please leave passenger registration forms on the dining table. If you want, you can also print the registration form from this link (Matkustajailmoitus ) and send it scanned to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WiFi and ELECTRICITY
- There is a wireless internet at the cottage (3G/4G). The password is RLEY3QREFRF. The password has been reset 7.11.2018.
- Sometimes there are electricity outages at Kivikoski cottage due to a storm. If a power failure occurs, the WiFi device might loose connection to the network. In this case turn off the devices for about 5 minutes, and then turn it on again to establish a connection. The WiFi device can be found in the kitchen overhead cabinet.
- You can monitor the electricity distribution situation on KSOY Häiriönetti/Faultnet, which operates in real time. In the Online service, you also see in detail the fault information affecting your own electricity metering point. You can report power cuts to KSOY energy at +3585 7780 222
HEATING CONTROL and AIR CONDITIONING
- In order to save energy while the cottage has no quests, we drop the room temperatures to 10 degrees. In the living-room there is a heating control switch and a temperature adjustment switch below. The heating control switches on/off the room temperature. Please switch on to “heating on” position upon arrival in order to heat the cottage. Please switch to “heating off” position when you leave. Please note that the switch is electronic, press for two seconds. This switch also switches on the floor heating in the kitchen and in the entrance hall.
- At the cottage we also have a air source heat pump in the living-room. When arriving to the cottage during a cool season please turn on the device and adjust the room temperature to +21 degrees. The air source heat pump heats when a sun-symbol is selected from the remote control MODE functions. When leaving the cottage (in wintertime) please adjust the air conditioned back to +16 degrees.
- You can use the air-conditioner in the summertime to cool down the room temperature if needed. But please never cool the room temperature with the air conditioning device when you have fire in the fireplace.
- In the main building toilet there is an exhaust fan with a motion detector. The fan will turn on automatically when someone enters the toilet and the fan will be turned off automatically after some time.
WASHING MACHINES, WATER AND WASTEWATER
- The kitchen has a dishwasher and washing machine. Before using the machines please open the washing machine tap, so that the machine gets water in. The dishwasher and the washing machine water supply is opened at the root of the kitchen tap. Please close the tap after use. The tap is open when the switch is turned left. The tap is closed when the switch is turned in the middle (STOP)
- The toilet waters are ripped and pumped to a communal waste water system with a special electrical pump. Please note that it is not allowed to throw anything else to the toilet bin than human waste. Plastic and for example sanitary napkins will break the waste pump system.
- In emergencies, water supply can be closed down from the main building sauna room. There is a switch below the sauna bench, on the right hand side of the water heater next to the water meter. Use this switch to switch off the water from the whole building. (Picture below “vesisulut”)
- In the separate sleeping hut toilet there is a small water heater. The heater electricity plug can be connected all year around to get hot water. Please note that the water pressure is smaller in this tap because of the electrical heater.
FIREPLACE, SAUNA and SMOKING
- Smoking inside the cottage is strictly prohibited. Please place fag-ends in ashtrays and finally into the trash-bin.
- There is a smoke detector in the cottage. If the smoke detector battery runs out, the detector will keep beeb-sound at short intervals. In this case please replace the battery. Spare batteries can be found in the kitchen cupboards. If you can not find a new battery, please leave the smoke detector on the table.
- The cottage one fire extinguisher. There is also a fire extinguishing blanket in the kitchen cupboard. Please check the location of fire-fighting equipment immediately upon arrival at the cottage.
- The living room fireplace damper is in the dressing room next to the sauna. In sauna there is a separate damper for the sauna stove. Please pull the dampers open before setting fire to the fireplaces.
- In order to improve the burning process and to allow enough air in, please remember to empty the ashes from the stove and from the fireplace.
- When making fire to the sauna stove please use small trees and sticks to ignite the fire. Do not use liquids or oils to set the fire. When the fire is set, you can also add bigger firewood. During the burning, the combustion air can be reduced by pushing the ash compartment closer. Before adding more wood, it is advisable to improve the embers, ie to disperse larger coals and stack them evenly over the grate before laying the next layer of firewood.
- When bathing is finished, you should add a couple of firewood into the stove to ensure that the sauna dries after use.
- Do not close the fireplace flue damper too soon after using the fireplaces in order to avoid carbon monoxide hazard. When the embers begin to wane and blue flames can no longer be seen, you can close the damper a little. Only after the embers have completely burned out, the damper can be closed completely.
- After using the fireplaces in sauna and in the living room please empty the ashes into the black aluminium bucket which is by the sauna door. If this bucket is full, please empty it onto the field. Please also carry firewood to sauna and to the front of the fireplace after use.
- At Kivikoski cottage we have two saunas
- The sauna in the main building is wood-heated.
- The glass-framed sauna by the river is electrically heated. The sauna is big and heating takes at least 1.5-2 hours depending on the weather. Please remember to switch off the sauna after use. For more information on the use of electrically heated riverside sauna from this link. Read the instructions carefully, the sauna stove is slightly different from the domestic stoves.
GAS GRILL and BARBECUE
- There is a gas grill at the cottage terrace
- In the yard is a semi-open grill hut and in front of the hut there is a place for a campfire.
- In the shed there is a spare gas bottle. Please inform us if you take a spare gas bottle in use, so we know to bring a new bottle for the next guests.
- For Kivikoski cottage and for Struka villa there is a common waste container. The waste container is located by the Strukantie, only 15 meters from the house to the left. Please pack your waste tightly, the waste container will be emptied once a week. Also please close the container lid carefully to avoid animals from getting into the container.
- If possible, recycle your paper, glass, metal and cardboard packages to save the nature. The closest recycling station for paper, cardboard, glass and metal packages is found at the Pyhtää ABC parking lot behind the ABC building. There is another recycling station in the Prisma parking lot in Kotka. The address is Hakamäentie 1. The recycling station is only 19 kilometers from the cottage, only about 15 minutes by the car.
AUDIO and VIDEO
- At Kivikoski cottages we have a stereo TV with HDMI and Scart connection.
- At the cottage we also have a DVD player and a radio.
DETERGENTS, PAPERS and ACCESSORIES
- Dishwasher detergent and hand dish-washing detergent can be found in the kitchen
- Liquid soap for washing hands can be found in the toilet
- Laundry detergent, shower soap and shampoo might be available. Other customers often leave detergents, but unfortunately we can not guarantee the availability.
- In the kitchen closet we have spare light bulbs, clothes pegs and a mousetrap.
- Toilet paper and kitchen towels can be found in the kitchen top closet shelf. If you come with a larger group for a longer period of time, please take some extra papers with you in case there is not enough paper in the cottage.
ELECTRICAL MOUSE REPELLENT
- At Kivikoski cottage we have ultrasound mouse repellent devices attached in the power sockets from autumn to spring . Man does not hear them, but dogs or cats may be disturbed by them. If you remove the device from use during your stay, please connect devices before you leave.
- In the kitchen closet we also have some mouse traps available
A BABY COT
- It is possible to rent a baby cot to the cottage. Please ask for the cot upon booking so that we can deliver it to the cottage. For the delivery of the baby cot there will be an extra charge of € 30.
- Croquet game
TO BE DONE BEFORE CHECK OUT
- Follow the cleaning instructions and clean the cottage. If you ordered one of our cleaning services from us (basic cleaning or full cleaning), make sure that you have organized the cottage according to the instructions. More info about cleaning at the attached cleaning services link.
- Take the garbage to the garbage bin by the Strukantie.
- Wash the gas grill and clean the barbecue areas. Empty the ashes from campfire sites to the ash bucket
- Tidy the yard
- Check the boat mooring (summertime).
- Turn off the lights, close the windows, lock the doors and leave the keys in their original locations.
- Switch the temperature switch in the living-room to “heating off” position.
We want to keep the cottage clean and in impeccable condition. If you notice any defects or you have suggestions for improvement, please contact us. You can call or email us at email@example.com
If you wish you can also share your experiences at Tripadvisor: Kivikoski cottage.
Kivikoski cottage, Savantum Oy. Strukantie 30, 49270 Pyhtää. Minna Kotiaho +358400534269, Pentti Kotiaho +358415345100