INSTRUCTIONS TO RANTAKARI GUESTS
RANTAKARI COTTAGE, ACCOMMODATION to 5-8 PEOPLE
Rantakari cottage is best for families and for small groups, offering accommodation for up to 8 people. The basic rental price includes accommodation for up to 3 people and when the number of guests exceeds 3 people, an additional 25 euros will be charged per extra person per day. Please note that the cottage is located next to our main building and it is therefore not suitable for loud parties.
The Rantakari yard is small and parking spaces are limited. In front of the Rantakari cottage there is one parking space for Rantakari tenants. The car park at the corner of the plot is reserved for the tenants of the main building. If necessary, cars can also be parked temporarily by the Seuratie-road.
There are many charming little islands in front of the Rantakari rental cottage. For example the opposite island and many other cottage islands in the area are private islands. Please respect privacy, access to these private cottage islands is prohibited.
Accommodation in a cottage with loft
- A warm cottage for all-year use 54 m2 + 30 m2 loft
- 1 x bedroom downstairs
- A living-room with a fireplace
- Pillows and duvets in beds
- Bed linen and towels 20 €/person
- 1 x wood heated sauna
- 1 x toilet + toilet in a shower room
- Cutlery and dishes x 10
- Wine glasses
- Owen and microwave oven
- A full size fridge-freezer
- Coffee maker and a kettle
Final cleaning 120-160 € and Bed linen and towels at 20 € per person
Final cleaning and bed linen and towels are not automatically included in the rental price of the Rantakari cottage. The customers can clean themselves or order final cleaning from us. For final cleaning there are two different cleaning services to choose from; basic cleaning and full cleaning. Bed linen and towels can also be booked from us. Linen set rental is 20e / person. Learn more about cleaning services and linen here
Rantakari cottage address: Seurakuja 6, Kotka
Rantakari seaside cottage is located in Kotka, Tiutinen, address Seurakuja 6, 48930 Kotka. Drive from Helsinki E18 / E7 towards Kotka. Exit the freeway 77 (Anjala / Halla / Sunila) and drive the ramp up to the junction. Turn left onto Huruksela Road / Tapiontie and continue towards the Halla Harbor. When Tapiontie ends, the road turns into Hallantie and turns slightly to the left. Continue on the Bridge over Tiutinen Island. When the Hallantie finishes, turn slightly to the left on the road Tiutisentie. Continue for about 400 meters and turn left onto the Seuratie. Drive about 100 meters ahead and continue until you reach the seaside. The Rantakari rental cottage is a red wooden building in the yard of the red houses, by a large pine tree. More info about the driving instructions here
The nearest bus from Helsinki stops in Karhula. From Karhula there is another bus to Tiutinen. The distance from Karhula to Rantakari Cottage is about 7.5 km. If you arrive in Kotka Karhula by bus, you can ask for taxi at the Kymenlaakso Taxi if needed. The phone number is 0100 87227.
Passenger registration forms
All tenants must fill in a passenger registration form. You can find instructions and passenger registration forms from the cottage living room, usually from the drawer below television. When you leave, please leave passenger registration forms on the dining table. If you want, you can also print the registration form from this link (Matkustajailmoitus ) and send it scanned to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WiFi and electricity
- There is a wireless internet at the cottage (3G/4G). The password is E4631G2GDMTB0 and WPS pin is 38986956. The password has been reset 30.11.2018.
- Sometimes there are electricity outages at Rantakari cottage due to a storm. If a power failure occurs, the WiFi device might loose connection to the network. In this case turn off the devices for about 5 minutes, and then turn it on again to establish a connection. The password is not needed. The WiFi device can be found in the bedroom overhead cabinet.
- You can monitor the electricity distribution situation on KSOY Häiriönetti/Faultnet, which operates in real time. In the Online service, you also see in detail the fault information affecting your own electricity metering point. You can report power cuts to KSOY energy at +3585 7780 222
Heating control and air-conditioning
- In order to save energy while the cottage has no quests, we drop the room temperatures to 10 degrees. There is a heating control switch in the entrance hall wall. The heating control switches on/off the room temperature. Please switch on to “heating on” position upon arrival in order to heat the cottage. Please switch to “heating off” position when you leave. Please note that the switch is electronic, press for two seconds. This switch also switches on the floor heating in the kitchen and in the entrance hall.
- If the radiators stay cool, please check that the radiators are on.
- At the cottage we also have a air source heat pump in the living-room. When arriving to the villa during a cool season please turn on the device and adjust the room temperature to +21 degrees. The air source heat pump heats when a sun-symbol is selected from the remote control MODE functions. When leaving the cottage (in wintertime) please adjust the air conditioned back to +16 degrees.
- You can use the air-conditioner in the summertime to cool down the room temperature if needed. But please never cool the room temperature with the air conditioning device when you have fire in the fireplace. Good cooling temerature is +25 degrees. Then the air does not feel too cold and you do not need to adjust the temperature all the time.
Washing machines, water and wastewater
- The kitchen has a dishwasher and in the dressing room we have a washing machine. Before using the machines please check that the washing machine taps are open, so that the machine gets water in. The dishwasher water supply is opened below the kitchen sink, in the trash-bin cabinet. Picture above.
- The toilet waters are ripped and pumped to a communal waste water system with a special electrical pump. Please note that it is not allowed to throw anything else to the toilet bin than human waste. Plastic and for example sanitary napkins will break the waste pump system.
- In emergencies, water supply can be closed down from the sauna. There is a switch below the sauna bench, on the left hand side of the water heater next to the water meter. Use this switch to switch off the water from the whole building.
Fire safety and smoking
- Smoking inside the cottage is strictly prohibited. Please place fag-ends in ashtrays and finally into the trash-bin.
- Firewood is available in the warehouse in the corner of the plot. For making the fire you can use newspaper and small sticks. The use of flammable liquids to light fireplaces is strictly prohibited.
- There are smoke detectors in the cottage.
- The cottage has one fire extinguisher and a fire extinguishing blanket. Please check the location of fire-fighting equipment immediately upon arrival at the cottage.
- The living room fireplace damper is above the fireplace. In sauna there is a separate damper for the sauna stove. Please pull the dampers gently open before setting fire to the fireplaces.
- In order to improve the burning process and to allow enough air in, please remember to empty the ashes from the stove and from the fireplace.
- When making fire to the sauna stove please use small trees and sticks to ignite the fire. Do not use liquids or oils to set the fire. When the fire is set, you can also add bigger firewood. During the burning, the combustion air can be reduced by pushing the ash compartment closer. Before adding more wood, it is advisable to improve the embers, ie to disperse larger coals and stack them evenly over the grate before laying the next layer of firewood.
- When bathing is finished, you should add a couple of firewood into the stove to ensure that the sauna dries after use.
- Do not close the fireplace flue damper too soon after using the fireplaces in order to avoid carbon monoxide hazard. When the embers begin to wane and blue flames can no longer be seen, you can close the damper a little. Only after the embers have completely burned out, the damper can be closed completely.
- After using the fireplaces in sauna and in the living room please empty the ashes into the aluminium bucket which is outside by the sauna door. Please also carry firewood to sauna and to the front of the fireplace after use.
There is a gas grill on the terrace of the cottage. The use of the gas grill is always the customer’s responsibility. The condition of the grill must be checked before use. Never leave the grill unattended while using the grill.
Before using the grill, make sure that the gas hose is attached to the gas cylinder. If the gas bottle is not detached, place the pressure regulator (“painesäädin” pictured below) on top of the gas bottle and lift black plastic collar with your fingers while pressing it on top of the bottle, then press the collar down with your fingers. Make sure that the bottle is properly closed by lifting the bottle from the pressure regulator (when well attached, the bottle rises with it and does not come loose). Once the pressure regulator is attached, open the gas inlet valve from the pressure regulator. There are also videos and photo instructions online if you don’t succeed right away.
Once the gas bottle is attached, open the grill lid and turn the first switch of the grill to full power (left) and wait a couple of seconds for the gas to accumulate into the ignition chamber. Then press the ignition button by pressing the switch lightly down and turning it to the left. If the lighter does not work, lift up one of the grill grids and throw a burning match on the right front edge of the grill.
There is a spare gas bottle in the shed. Please let us know if you use a spare gas bottle so that we can bring a new bottle to the cottage at the next inspection.
- For Rantakari cottage there is a common waste container with the main building tenants. The waste container is located in the entrance of the plot, on the left hand side. Please pack your waste tightly, the waste container will be emptied once a week. Also please close the container lid carefully to avoid animals from getting into the container.
- If possible, recycle your paper, glass, metal and cardboard packages to save the nature. The closest recycling station for paper, cardboard, glass and metal packages is found at the Jumalniemi Citymarket parking lot at address Jumalniementie 8. It is only about 9 kilometers drive there from Rantakari cottage.
Audio and video
- At Rantakari cottages we have a stereo TV with HDMI and Scart connection.
- At the cottage we also have a DVD player and a portable bluetooth speaker.
Detergents, paper and accessories
- Dishwasher detergent and hand dish-washing detergent can be found in the kitchen
- Liquid soap for washing hands can be found in the toilet
- Laundry detergent, shower soap and shampoo might be available. Other customers often leave detergents, but unfortunately we can not guarantee the availability.
- In the kitchen closet we have spare light bulbs.
- Toilet paper and kitchen towels can be found in the kitchen or in the bedroom top closet shelf. If you come with a larger group for a longer period of time, please take some extra papers with you in case there is not enough paper in the cottage.
Electrical mouse repellent
- At Rantakari cottage we have ultrasound mouse repellent devices attached in the power sockets from autumn to spring . Man does not hear them, but dogs or cats may be disturbed by them. If you remove the device from use during your stay, please connect devices before you leave.
- In the kitchen closet we also have some mouse traps available
A baby cot
The cottage has a children’s travel cot on the loft. To put the travel cot to sleeping position, press the long sides down first, then the short ends and then the bottom. When stacking the bed in the storage position, the order is reversed.
To be done before check out
- Follow the cleaning instructions and clean the cottage. If you ordered one of our cleaning services from us (basic cleaning or full cleaning), make sure that you have organized the cottage according to the instructions. More info about cleaning at the attached cleaning services link.
- Take the garbage to the garbage bin.
- Wash the gas grill and clean the barbecue areas. Empty the ashes from campfire sites to the ash bucket
- Tidy the yard
- Check the boat mooring (summertime).
- Turn off the lights, close the windows, lock the doors and leave the keys in their original locations.
- Turn the temperature switch in the living-room to “heating off” position.
We want to keep the cottage clean and in impeccable condition. If you notice any defects or you have suggestions for improvement, please contact us. You can call or email us at email@example.com
Rantakari cottage, Suomen Kotteria Oy. Seurakuja 6, 48930 Kotka. +358415345100 Pentti Kotiaho, +358400534269 Minna Kotiaho