INFO FOR VILLA KAUNISVIRTA ACCOMMODATION
Villa Kaunisvirta offers accommodation for 10-12 people
Villa Kaunisvirta is suitable for 10-12 people. The basic rental price includes accommodation for a maximum of 6 people, but there are beds for a total of 12 people. In addition to this, there are at least 2 spare mattresses and accommodation is possible for a slightly larger group. When the number of people exceeds 6, additional people are charged 25 euros per person per day.
- Main building 105 m2 + sauna cabin 30 m2 + loft 15 m2
- The main building has a small double bedroom (140cm bed) on the ground floor. Upstairs in the main building there is one double bedroom (180 cm bed) and one four-person bedroom (1 x 160 cm bed + 2 x 90 cm beds). The loft of the sauna building has beds for four (80 cm x 3 pcs + 120 cm bed).
- Dining area with a dining table for 10 people
- In the living room there is a large sofa and a fireplace
- The beds have blankets and pillows. Bed linen and towels can be rented for €20/person
- The rental price includes a wood-heated cottage sauna.
- 2 x toilets in the main building and a toilet in the sauna building. In addition to this, there is a “pucee” (outdoor toilet)
- A hot outdoor tub available for rent. The rental price of the hot tub does not include the heating or filling up the tub. Filling, heating and washing can be ordered at an additional cost. More info about the hot tub here
Villa Kaunisvirta kitchen equipment
- Cutlery and crockery x 12
- Wine glasses and sparkling wine glasses
- Stove, oven and microwave
- A cooker hood
- Tall Fridge Freezer
- Coffee maker and kettle
Additional services at the Villa Kaunisvirta
The rental price of the Villa Kaunisvirta includes accommodation for the number of people specified at the time of booking. Additional services can also be reserved for the cottage, such as a a hot outdoor tub and heating up the hot tub, final cleaning and bed linen and towels. If you didn’t already reserve these services when you made the bookin, you can of course add the services in your booking later too.
A wood-heated hot outdoor tub be rented for 80e/day
Villa Kaunisvirta has a wood-heated hot outdoor tub for rent in front of the sauna. The hot tub is suitable for year-round use. The rental price of the hot tub does not include filling the tub, heating or washing the tub. Booking conditions, prices and more information about using the Hot Tub here
Cleaning fee 160-220e. Linen and towels 20e/person
Final cleaning and bed linen and towels are not automatically included in the rental price of the Kaunisvirta rental cottage. The customers can clean themselves or You order final cleaning from us. You can also reserve bed linen and towels from us. The rent for a linen set is 20e/person and for bedding 25e/person. More information about cleaning services and linen here
Villa Kaunisvirta address is Strukantie 38, Pyhtää
The Villa Kaunisvirta is located at Strukantie 38, 49270 PYHTÄÄ. From Helsinki, take the E18/E7 highway in the direction of Kotka. Exit the highway at exit no. 70 (Pyhtää KK) and drive up the ramp to the roundabout. Turn right onto road number 3503 and continue for 580 meters. Turn right onto Strukantie and continue along the dirt road for about 580 meters. Turn left into the yard of the grey logwood villa. In the courtyard area there is a large stone and grass-roofed traditional barn as storage.
The nearest bus from Helsinki or from Kotka stops at Pyhtää church (Pyhtää kk). The distance from Pyhtää church to Struka villa along Annulantie is about 1 km. If you come by bus Pyhtää, you can also ask for a taxi to the cottage from Kymenlaakso taxi companies. The telephone number is 0100 87 227.
Passenger registration forms
All tenants must fill in a passenger registration form. You can find instructions and passenger registration forms from the cottage living room, usually from the drawer below television. When you leave, please leave passenger registration forms on the dining table. If you want, you can also print the registration form from this link (Matkustajailmoitus ) and send it scanned to us at email@example.com
WiFi and electricity
- There is a wireless internet at the cottage. Wi-Fi networks are called SavantumFree ja savantum_free. Password is savantum.
- You can monitor the electricity distribution situation on KSOY Häiriönetti/Faultnet, which operates in real time. In the Online service, you also see in detail the fault information affecting your own electricity metering point. You can report power cuts to KSOY energy at +3585 7780 222
Heating control and air-conditioning
- In order to save energy while the villa has no quests, we drop the room temperatures to 10 degrees.
- At the cottage we also have a air source heat pump in the living-room. When arriving to the villa during a cool season please turn on the device and adjust the room temperature to +21 degrees. The air source heat pump heats when a sun-symbol is selected from the remote control MODE functions. When leaving the cottage (in wintertime) please adjust the air conditioned back to +16 degrees.
- You can use the air-conditioner in the summertime to cool down the room temperature if needed. But please never cool the room temperature with the air conditioning device when you have fire in the fireplace. Good cooling temerature is +25 degrees. Then the air does not feel too cold and you do not need to adjust the temperature all the time.
- In the downstairs toilets and in the shower roomes there are exhaust fans with a motion and moisture detector. The fan will turn on automatically when someone enters the toilet and the fan will be turned off automatically after some time.
Washing machines, water and wastewater
- The kitchen has a dishwasher. Before using the machine please open the washing machine tap, so that the machine gets water in. The dishwasher water supply is opened at the bottom of the kitchen tap by turning the tap left. Please close the tap after use.
- All toilet waters are ripped and pumped to a communal waste water system with an electrical pump. Please note that it is not allowed to throw anything else to the toilet bin than human waste. Plastic and for example sanitary napkins will break the waste pump system.
- In emergencies, water supply can be closed down from the tap located in the main building shower room cupboard, next to the boiler. Use this switch to switch off the water.
- There is a washing machine in the main building shower room. Before using the machine, please open the washing-machine tap that is located in the bottom of the bathroom sink tap. Please close the tap after use.
Fire safety and smoking
- Smoking inside the cottage is strictly prohibited. Please place fag-ends in ashtrays and finally into the trash-bin.
- Firewood is available in the warehouse or by the wall of the warehouse. For making the fire you can use newspaper and small sticks. The use of flammable liquids to light fireplaces is strictly prohibited.
- There are smoke detectors in the cottage. If the smoke detector battery runs out, the detector will keep beep-sound at short intervals. In this case please replace the battery. . If you can not find a new battery, please leave the smoke detector on the table.
- The cottage has at least two fire extinguishers, one on the right hand side when entering the main building and another on the left hand side when entering the sauna building. Please check the location of fire-fighting equipment immediately upon arrival at the cottage
- The living room fireplace damper is above the fireplace. In sauna the damper is above the sauna stove. Please pull the dampers open before setting the fire to the fireplace. In order to improve the burning process and to allow enough air in, please remember to empty the ashes from the stove and from the fireplace.
- Do not close the fireplace flue damper too soon after using the fireplaces in order to avoid carbon monoxide hazard. When the embers begin to wane and blue flames can no longer be seen, you can close the damper a little. Only after the embers have completely burned out, the damper can be closed completely.
- After using the fireplaces in sauna and in the living room please empty the ashes into the black aluminium bucket which is outside. Please also carry firewood to sauna and to the front of the fireplace after use.
Gas grill and barbecue hut
There is a gas grill on the terrace of the cottage. The use of the gas grill is always the customer’s responsibility. The condition of the grill must be checked before use. Never leave the grill unattended while using the grill.
Before using the grill, make sure that the gas hose is attached to the gas cylinder. If the gas bottle is not detached, place the pressure regulator (“painesäädin” pictured above) on top of the gas bottle and lift black plastic collar with your fingers while pressing it on top of the bottle, then press the collar down with your fingers. Make sure that the bottle is properly closed by lifting the bottle from the pressure regulator (when well attached, the bottle rises with it and does not come loose). Once the pressure regulator is attached, open the gas inlet valve from the pressure regulator. There are also videos and photo instructions online if you don’t succeed right away.
Once the gas bottle is attached, open the grill lid and turn the first switch of the grill to full power (left) and wait a couple of seconds for the gas to accumulate into the ignition chamber. Then press the ignition button by pressing the switch lightly down and turning it to the left. If the lighter does not work, lift up one of the grill grids and throw a burning match on the right front edge of the grill.
There is a spare gas bottle in the warehouse. Please let us know if you use a spare gas bottle so that we can bring a new bottle to the cottage at the next inspection.
On the yard there is a gazebo with an open fireplace. Remember to empty the ashes from the campfires into the ash bucket after use.
For Villa Kaunisvirta, for Kivikoski cottage and for Struka villa there is a common waste container. The waste container is located by the Strukantie, about 70 meters from the Kaunisvirta cottage to the left. Please pack your waste tightly, the waste container will be emptied once a week. Also please close the container lid carefully to avoid animals from getting into the container.
If possible, recycle your paper, glass, metal and cardboard packages to save the nature. The closest recycling station for paper, cardboard, glass and metal packages is found at the Pyhtää ABC parking lot behind the ABC building. There is another recycling station in the Prisma parking lot in Kotka. The address is Hakamäentie 1. The recycling station is only 19 kilometers from the cottage, only about 15 minutes by the car.
Audio and video
- At villa Kaunisvirta we have a stereo TV with HDMI and Scart connection.
- At the villa we also have a bluetooth speaker
Detergents, paper and accessories
- Dishwasher detergent and hand dish-washing detergent can be found in the kitchen and in the vestibule cupboard.
- Liquid soap for washing hands can be found in the toilets
- Laundry detergent, shower soap and shampoo might be available. Other customers often leave detergents, but unfortunately we can not guarantee the availability.
- Toilet paper and kitchen towels can be found in the toilet and in the kitchen. If you come with a larger group for a longer period of time, please take some extra papers with you in case there is not enough paper in the cottage.
Electrical mouse repellent
- At villa Kaunisvirta we have ultrasound mouse repellent devices attached in the power sockets from autumn to spring . Man does not hear them, but dogs or cats may be disturbed by them. If you remove the device from use during your stay, please connect devices before you leave.
A baby cot
The cottage has a children’s travel cot on the second floor of the main building. It is located in the cupboard of the larger bedroom. To put the travel cot to sleeping position, press the long sides down first, then the short ends and then the bottom. When stacking the bed in the storage position, the order is reversed.
To be done before check out
- Follow the cleaning instructions and clean the cottage. If you ordered one of our cleaning services from us (basic cleaning or full cleaning), make sure that you have organized the cottage according to the instructions. More info about cleaning at the attached cleaning services link.
- Take the garbage to the garbage bin by the Strukantie.
- Wash the gas grill and clean the barbecue areas. Empty the ashes from campfire sites to the ash bucket
- Tidy the yard
- Check the boat mooring (summertime).
- Turn off the lights, close the windows, lock the doors and leave the keys in their original locations.
We want to keep the cottage clean and in impeccable condition. If you notice any defects or you have suggestions for improvement, please contact us. You can call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
+358400534269 Minna Kotiaho, +358415345100 Pentti Kotiaho,
Villa Kaunisvirta, Savantum Oy. Strukantie 38, 49270 Pyhtää